Wednesday, August 13, 2014

August Sneak Peeks


Over land, by the sea
He walks silently
Through the ancient forests green
He navigates unseen
Hi!

Today, after scanning some new paintings and removing absolutely all the dust specks from them, I've decided to share a few sneak peeks. They're of a magical, ghostly lynx character. I've decided to go with green colour palettes for these illustrations because I've missed painting with green so much. I've spent most of the year working with blues, whites and purples depicting winter. And now that the warm weather might soon be over - I thought I better get some summery imagery into my projects. Anyway, have a look:



As you might be able to tell - I've used the same pose of the lynx walking. I was playing around with scale and different environments. I painted the lynx in the green and white forest setting first, and then I had an urge to paint him again but TINIER! So, I ended up making a miniature painting that is 2.5 x 4.5 inches. I get a certain kick out of drawing as small as I can. This isn't the smallest I can do, but for I'll save that miniature mindset for another time.

Here is a work-in-progress photo of it for scale. (I have small hands, for the record.)


Media: coloured waterproof inks + watercolour paints + gouache + microns

That's all for now! Thanks for visiting!


All images are ©Mariya Olshevska and may not be used or re-purposed without the artist's consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment