Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Letters Can Become Reeds

Happy Wednesday!

I  got back from a trip to New York recently and there's lots to show and tell there. But that will have to wait till later this week, or possibly early next week. Right now I'm swamped with different projects here and there, so bear with me.
In the mean time though - let me share with you a little something I've been working on on my breaks. I'm trying to do more illustrated type and here's the result of a sketchbook doodle I started while the song "Smother" by Daughter was stuck in my head once, especially my favourite bit -

 "Where all my layers can become reeds
All my limbs can become trees"


And, eventually this happened:

This is simple a digital piece - a vector image layered on top of my textile textures. Nothing too fancy, but I like it. :)

And of course, some process steps for you:

sketchbook drawing
vector text/image layer
I decided to just work with the quote.

finished piece
I made the colours a little less saturated and earthy, and layered a leaf textile texture in the background.

I also played around with a darker background, but I think I prefer the light version.


Prints available at my Society6 shop {here}

No comments:

Post a Comment