Sunday, February 5, 2012

Little Ida's Flowers

It's my 100th post. Yay!=)

The following illustrations are part of my first Children's Book Illustration class. The topic was fairy-tales and I chose to depict (mostly) character portraits of the flowers found in Hans Christian Andersen's story - "Little Ida's Flowers". I really loved that story when I was little.

[Ida]: “Can children go to these balls?”
“Yes,” said the student, “little daisies and lilies of the valley.”
"The two most beautiful roses seat themselves on the throne, and are called the king and queen."
"Hyacinths and crocuses which [are called] young ladies."
"I saw a long yellow lily [...] She was a court lady.”
"Large poppies and peonies had pea-shells for instruments, and blew into them till they were quite red in the face."

Materials:
`Bristol Smooth Paper
`Prismacolor pens
`Micron pens
`Koh-i-Noor waterproof colour inks

Size:
9x12 inches

Prints available on my RedBubble
Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment