Sunday, January 1, 2012

Highlights of New Year's Eve

I've decided to share a few quick photos I took yesterday during my family festivities. They're mostly of food=)

Me, shelling some boiled eggs. I was mostly the sous-chef that day. My dad was in charge, since we were cooking his recipes=)
Some lamb being caramelized for the "Plov" dish.

Carrots, also for the "Plov" rice dish.

Some sauce going in=)

And here's the "Olivie"/Russian Salad being made

Of course my custom Munny dragon toy had to join the celebration

A little red wine

Our humble dinner arrangement consisting of components often found at Slavic winter spreads, like smoked salmon, pickled peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, pickles, olivie salad and plov rice.

My plate=)

And when the ball drops you've got to have some (more) chocolate and champagne!

My favorite chocolates ever!!

Some chocolate/alcohol cherries=)

And some left overs beginning to pile up!


Hope you had a lovely New Year's Eve as well!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment